About Me

Science is my religion. Philosophy is my occupation. Thinking is my hobby. Greatness is my ambition. These lines are not taken from anywhere... I am surprised that I came up with those, actually! But thats what I am.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Everything is Perfect

Heard about the saying : "Nothing and Nobody is perfect"? It might be true, but that is not the attitude to have in life.

Why think nothing is perfect? For me, my life is perfect. Everything is perfect. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. After you've made the choice, if you have the power to forget the disadvantages and just see the advantages, then baby, its nirvana.

I can't follow schedules - So what? Its so much fun being impulsive and ACTUALLY doing what you want. Okay, my grades drop by a 4 points. But I lived life the way I wanted to and did not pull down myself into not being me.

I have a very bad health - Running around all the time is pretty cliche. Sometimes, sitting in the bed and wathcing TV for 10 hours is a good chiller. My nose leaks, but then I get to bunk school!

I can't talk on the phone and go out with my girlfriend anymore - Whats there? It was getting a bit obsessive anyway. And I learnt to value my time with her more and feels 100 times better when I see her! Its actually better this way. Can concentrate on my prioirities.

My ipod has only 4 GB capacity - I can't listen to more than 1000 songs in one go anyway! I can always come back and add n delete stuff. As a matter of fact, my collection has become so much more organized as I have search and browse.

A point that has been brought to my notice is that this attitude might quash all desire and greediness which drives us to achieve stuff. I completely agree with that. So, I guess we need to be careful about this mindset. But I have gone ahead with this mentality and I have not lost the desire to get into Stanford!

Life is perfect. Everything around you is perfect. You are perfect. Love yourself, everything around you and life. Maybe doing this is an illusion. Maybe I need a reality check. Or maybe I don't. Maybe I should be left the way I am. Maybe happiness is just an illusion for me. But then atleast I would die happy. Even though happiness was an illusion, atleast I could feel it. Illusion or not, I consider happiness the touchstone of success in one's life.

Maybe I am a retard who is talking shit.

Or maybe I just formulated the most wonderful strategy of living life.

Nirvana..

PS - Guess what? I got bored of thinking like this.. Sometimes jealousy and craving and dissatisfaction gets things more spicier. I was tired of having a perfect relationship with my girlfriend.. I kinda picked up a fight! haha! So... I guess this is a useful tool in times of depression or neutrality only...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i read it...liked it...
u wer explaining this to me...last night...i liked one part in particular......jharna..

all day long i think of things.. said...

i agree with u..live life..love life..but then one musnt get so content with life that the desire to move and grow and change for better..the desire to strive is dead.cause then according to me ur dead..this is a good dose for an organized and hardworking person..maybe even a control freak..but for sum1 lazy like me..life betta get betta..

Anonymous said...

Smoke some ganja....OYE!!..this shits too philosophical....so u just need to chill....
u knw who this is..
cheers..

Anonymous said...

Some really smart person once said that we are as happy as we make ourselves to be. For most people being 'happy' seems to be the ultimate thing that they want to achieve in life. But there is no definition for happiness! I think happiness is a concept created to try and explain life. Once you are happy it can get quite boring.

Anonymous said...

just read the last part of this..par which fight are u talking about?....

Einstein said...

darn... don't remember... I don't think I just 'pcik up' fights though. I like the name par though...

Anonymous said...

par-vati
mani
vumya
gomti
hariharan
lol
whts up man, long time no see